Online education is a form of education that does not have the boundaries of the class room, where students access their mobile phones, home computers through the Internet. For many non-traditional students, including those who want to continue working full-time or raising families, online degrees and courses have become popular over the past decade. Often online graduate and course programmes, some of which are conducted using digital technologies, are provided through the online learning portal of the host university.
Online education is not just a new twist on distance learning, online schooling is changing the face of traditional classrooms and making education more accessible than ever.
What is online education?
It is a medium of education away from traditional education where computer based training, web based training, m-learning (mobile learning), internet based training, online training, e-learning (electronic learning), computer aided distance education – Online education comes in many names, styles, and forms, but at its core is Internet-based education.
When used to its full potential, online education appears to be more effective than pure face-to-face instruction. It’s engaging, fun, and can fit almost everyone’s schedule.
This simple definition reveals an almost innumerable number of ways to teach and learn outside of traditional classrooms and away from college campuses. With online education, students can turn up in class anywhere with Internet access and electricity. This can include audio, video, text, animations, virtual learning environments, and live chats with professors.
Type of Online Education Programs
- Online Courses – While online courses may be part of a degree program, they can also be taken on their own to master a certain subject or learn a specific skill.
- Hybrid Education – Hybrid education allows students to pursue a combination of online and on-campus courses.
- 100% Online Education – Fully online degrees are earned from the comfort of your own home without the need to visit your school, college, university campus, class room.
- MOOCs – MOOCs, or massive open online courses, are typically delivered as lectures in online “classes” with as many as 10,000 people.
Online Education Courses
There is no doubt that online education is becoming more popular among students these days. There are many people who love learning because of its easy access and the flexibility of learning at their own pace.
There are a lot of courses which are available online but among them some of the more attractive courses are attracting the students and providing them opportunities to acquire skills and prepare them to work in the job market. The table below mentions all the courses available online:-
- Certificate – 3 months
- Certificate – 6 months
- Diploma – 1 Year
- PG Diploma – 2 Year
- Bachelor’s degree – 3 , 4 years
- Integrated courses
- Master’s degree – 2 years
Online Education School/Colleges/ Universities
Online colleges have made higher education more flexible. It is good news that now you can get higher degree education or education at your finger tips without affecting your daily life activities.
Now, almost everyone prefers online learning which has created a demand for more online colleges and institutes. Many colleges and institutes took a step forward to provide online education to the people but every institute or college cannot stand in the list of the best.
So, we have researched which are the best online education colleges or institutes to pursue any online course. The list of best online colleges and institutes are mentioned here. People can choose any one of them according to their interest and choice of course:-
|IGNOU||NIOS for Distance Learning School upto 10+2||Rajarshi Tondon open University||Allahabad University center for open learning|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||Sikkim Manipal University||IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University||Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)||Amity University Online||Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)|
|National Institute of Internet Marketing (NIIM)||National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT)||School of Open Learning at Delhi University (SOL)||Karnataka Open University|
|University of Mumbai (IDOL)||Chandigarh University (CU)||Jaipur National University (JNU)||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)|
Key Benefits of Online Education
Online education has been invented for those students who are willing to learn new things but are not able to attend regular classes or due to some circumstances they cannot continue their studies.
Online education has become an exciting way of getting education among the students. To know more inspiring facts about online education we have mentioned some of the benefits of this exciting way of education:-
- LEARNING AT YOUR OWN PLACE and PACE – Every student has a different mindset and different ability to grasp knowledge and skills. During classroom education, it becomes difficult to understand everything for the students who do not grasp the topics quickly.
- Flexibility of Time And Place – The first and most beneficial thing about online education is that there is flexibility of time and place during online education. Student can follow any course available online from his/her home.Students are free to grab their career as there is no restriction of fixed time and they can consume extra time to practice more and do some extra-curricular activities to enhance their career.
- Cost Effective – Online education will help in saving money as it cuts off the extra money that the student needs to spend during the traditional classroom method of education like traveling cost, hostel fee, living cost, transfer cost, public transport Expenses, fuel cost, etc.
- Networking Opportunities Beyond The Limit – Students can build their own network with other students through online classes as there is not a huge number. Number of students enrolled in online courses from different countries and states. They can connect with each other to implement projects with different ideas and also create their own empire in the business world. They can also connect emotionally with other states and understand the culture of other states.
- Accelerated Skill Development – Individuals who wish to acquire accelerated skills can actually enroll in skill based short term programs or diploma programs and upgrade their career growth in the current field.
- Global interaction and perspective – When you enroll for programs online it is likely that you will interact with a wider learning audience, especially in foreign programs.
- Perfect Attendance – Perfect attendance has always been a problem in regular classes or courses, so the stress of reaching lectures on time is cancelled. As in online classes a lot of universities also provide recorded lectures for the students and they can use it as per their availability.
Online Education Resources
There are many ways to acquire knowledge and skills from different platforms. Online education is an effective way to learn new things in free time.
Whether you are interested in marketing who want to learn marketing online or interested in IT field who want to learn coding and programming online, there are huge number. Resources to provide you, online classes. The resources used for providing online education to the students are given below:-
- Recorded Lectures – Students will get access to recorded lectures during online education so that whenever they have doubts or stuck at any stage of working professionally, which is difficult to get during traditional classroom Quite impossible, they can use these lectures Like Udemy.
- Live Lectures by Faculty and Industry Experts – During online classes, students will get a chance to receive lectures from professional faculties and industry expertise. They can give the best advice to the students as they have already faced many things during their career and students can learn from them more effectively.
- One to One Faculty Interaction – Students have the opportunity to have one to one connect with the faculty. If they are not able to understand any topic then they can connect with the faculty personally and the faculty will personally clear their doubts so that every student can understand all the topics efficiently.
- Digital learning material – Students will get e-books to read and gain knowledge during online education. They can keep these books for life and read them anytime. No need to buy or carry heavy books during online classes.