Short Essay On Cyber Security In India 150 Words in English
- 1 Short Essay On Cyber Security In India 150 Words in English
- 2 Cyber Security Essay 500 words
- 3 Essay on Cyber Security 600 Words
- 4 Essay On Cyber Security# 5. Legal Framework for Cyber Security:
- 4.1 Information Technology Act 2000 (Amended in 2008):
- 4.2 The salient features of the IT Act are as follows:
- 4.3 Offenses under IT Act:
- 4.4 FAQ’s on Cyber Security Essay
Short essay on cyber security In India : is usually given to class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Cyber Security Essay for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. Find paragraph, long and short essay on cyber security for students.
The protection of networks, data, programs and other sensitive information from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction is known as cyber security. Cyber security is a major concern in this era where the use of computers has become common for all. With the development of technology and the availability of the Internet for most of the public, the path of cyber crimes has also increased.
Malware, spyware, ransomware, fraud, phishing etc are different types of viruses which are used in cyber attacks. Hackers gain easy access to someone’s computer system if the user of that computer clicks on infected web pages, links, malicious websites, or inadvertently downloads a dangerous program. Cyber security plays a vital role in preventing some difficult and heinous crimes like blackmailing, fraudulent transactions through second accounts, leakage of personal information.
It is the responsibility of every citizen to spread awareness among all and keep their system and network security updated to prevent cyber attacks from happening around the world.
10 lines in English on cyber security
- Cyber security is the body of operations , technologies and devices, networks , applications designed to protect programs and data.
- Since vast amounts of data are collected, processed and stored on computers by the government, military and corporate, cyber security is essential.
- Organizations protecting information relating to national records must take steps to protect this information with the rise of cyber attacks.
- India ranks higher than its global peers as 54% of ransomware and malware attacks occur in India, while globally, 47% of attacks occur.
- Brutal terrorist attacks like 9/11 and 26/11 in Mumbai and US also happened due to lack of cyber security.
- As reported by Yahoo , Three billion accounts were breached in 2013.
- The government has taken some major steps to improve India’s cyber security and has established several cyber crime police stations.
- Cyber security is one of the major challenges in the contemporary world due to its complexity in technology and politics.
- In December 2014, a six-month-long cyber attack on the German parliament and in 2008 a cyber attack on US military computers was launched.
- Citizens and governments must spread awareness about cyber attacks among the public; Otherwise, the rate of cyber attacks will increase further and it will not be controlled.
Short Essay On Cyber Security In India 300 words
Cyber security means protecting data, networks, programs and other information from unauthorized or unintended access, destruction or alteration. The rapid development of technology and the availability of the Internet to the majority of the public widens the path of cyber-crime. In this era where cyber security is a major concern , the use of computers has become commonplace. With the increasing penetration of the Internet, cyber security is paramount for India’s development. Threats from people with malicious intent may be due to negligence and vulnerabilities.
Various types of attacks like virus, malware, spyware, phishing, ransomware, fraud etc. To other computer systems , Infected web pages and malicious websites allow hackers to gain illegal access. Opening email attachments carrying viruses, clicking on malicious links or websites or inadvertently downloading any dangerous programs or installing infected apps on mobile. Attackers can be crackers or recreational hackers , terrorists.
There is a great risk to an individual’s personal information and financial transactions. It can be used for personal gain such as blackmailing and fraudulent transactions. It is also important for individuals, organizations and countries. India still ranks higher in cases of malware and ransomware attacks compared to global peers at 54% compared to 47% globally. Yahoo acknowledged that three billion email accounts were breached in 2013. In India – Reliance Jio, IRCTC, Yes Bank etc. McAfee Labs researches 244 new cyber threats in India every minute.
The increasing use of the Internet and social media has made cyber security even more important. Now we need more advanced security system to reduce the threat. Regular update of antivirus i.e. genuine product only. More awareness among the public, users should be vigilant about the security of the data. There is a need to implement better cyber security laws by the government like National Cyber Security Policy 2013 Latest SC Directives to Govt. For data privacy.
Cyber Security Essay 500 words
Cyber security means protecting data, networks, programs and other information from unauthorized or unrecoverable access, destruction or alteration. In today’s world, cyber security is very important due to some security threats and cyber attacks. For data security, many companies develop software. This software protects the data. Cyber security is important as it not only helps in securing the information but also protects our system from virus attack. After the United States and China, India has the largest number of Internet users.
Cyber Threats or Cyber bullying
It can further be classified into 2 types. Cyber crime – against individuals, companies etc. and Cyber warfare – against a state.
Cyber crime is the use of cyber space, i.e. computers, internet, cell phones, other technological devices etc. by an individual or organized group to commit a crime. Cyber attackers use many software and codes in cyberspace to commit cyber crimes. They exploit vulnerabilities in software and hardware design through the use of malware. Hacking is a common method of breaching the security of protected computer systems and interfering with their functioning. Identity theft is also common.
Cyber crimes can be direct, that is, directly targeting the computer by spreading computer virus. Other forms include DoS attack. It is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. It suspends the services of a host connected to the Internet which may be temporary or permanent.
Malware is software that is used to disrupt computer operation, collect sensitive information, or gain access to personal computer systems. It usually manifests itself in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software. ‘Malware’ refers to various forms of hostile or intrusive software, for example, Trojan horses, rootkits, worms, adware, etc.
Another way to commit cyber crime is independent of the computer network or device. This includes financial fraud. This is done to destabilize a country’s economy, attack banking security and transaction system, fraudulent withdrawal of funds, obtaining credit/debit card data, financial theft, etc.
Interruption of the operation of a website or service through data alteration, data destruction. Others include using pornographic material to humiliate girls and damage their reputations, spreading pornography, threatening e-mails, assuming fake identities, virtual impersonation. Nowadays social media is being misused a lot to create intolerance, incite communal violence and incite riots.
Snowden’s revelations show that cyberspace could become a theater of war in the 21st century. Future wars will not be like traditional wars that are fought on land, water or air. When a state uses internet based invisible power as an instrument of state policy to fight against another nation, it is called cyber warfare.
This includes hacking of critical information, important webpages, strategic control and intelligence. The December 2014 cyber attack led to a six-month cyberattack on the German parliament, for which the Sophsee group is suspected. Another example is the 2008 cyber attack on US military computers. Since these cyber attacks, the issue of cyber warfare has become urgent in the global media.
cheap cyber security solutions
- The easiest thing you can do to increase your security and rest at night knowing that your data is safe is to change your passwords.
- You should use a password manager tool like LastPass, Dashlane or Sticky Password to keep track of everything. These applications help you use unique, secure passwords for each site, while
- also keeping track of them all for you.
- An easy way for an attacker to gain access to your network is to use old credentials that have fallen along the way. So delete unused accounts.
- Enabling two-factor authentication to add some extra security to your login. An additional layer of security that makes it harder for an attacker to get into your accounts.
Keep your software up to date.
Conclusion of Essay On Cyber Security
Due to high internet penetration today, cyber security is one of the biggest needs of the world as cyber security threats are very dangerous for the security of the country. Not only the government but also citizens should spread awareness among people to always update their system and network security settings and use proper anti-virus so that your system and network security settings remain virus and malware free.