Fix Facebook Videos Not Playing : Video streaming has become a common feature, but like most technology it is not flawless. Everything from bad internet to a system-wide glitch can prevent you from being able to watch something. So how do you fix it when videos won’t play in Facebook?
Why are videos not playing in Facebook?
As with most video playback problems, there are several things that can cause problems:
- Your current Internet or cellular data connection may be down, or may be very slow
App may be out of date
- Your current web browser Fix Facebook may need to download an update
- Other processes running on your computer or mobile device may be causing memory or playback problem
- Your Facebook Cache Might Be Too Full
- The video itself may be corrupt and unable to play
- Facebook video settings can affect video playback
How to Fix Facebook Videos Not Playing
In most cases, it will be a relatively simple matter to replay a Facebook video. The hardest part is usually figuring out which approach is necessary.
- Test other Facebook videos to see if the problem is limited to the one you were trying to watch earlier. This could mean that the video in question is a problem, in which case you will need to notify the original poster. If the problem turns to the video, they may be able to adjust their post settings or re-upload the video.
- Double check your internet (or cellular data) to make sure you have a strong connection. It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to browse Facebook without first noticing a connection issue, but it is a possibility.
- Try restarting your device.
- Check your Facebook mobile app is the current version, update the app.
- Open Facebook on another web browser. If your browser is running an older version or is just too old in general, it can cause all kinds of site performance and navigation issues.
- you may need to update it , If the problem is that your web browser is out of date . How to update your web browser depends on which one you’re suing: Firefox [How to update Firefox], Chrome [How to update Chrome], or Safari [How to update Safari].
- On PC or Mac, go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Video and adjust your video playback settings. Depending on how things are set up, they can limit the way the video is displayed for you.
- on an iOS device, open the Facebook app and select Menu> Settings & Privacy> Settings> Media. On an Android device, go to Menu> Settings & Privacy > Settings> Profile Settings> Media & Contacts. These settings will have a big impact on your mobile device because they are more directly related to the speed and strength of your Internet connection and cellular data permissions.
- Try clearing your Facebook cache. If the cache gets too full it can cause a lot of different performance problems, so sometimes it’s good to do this even if there isn’t a problem.
- If you’re still experiencing video playback issues, try contacting Facebook directly. It’s very unlikely, but the problem could be entirely on Facebook’s end, in which case the only thing you can really do is make sure someone is made aware of it. After that, you just have to wait for things to settle down.
- How do I download Facebook videos?You can download your own Facebook videos anytime via the Edit (Pencil) menu. However, to get someone else’s, you’ll need a third-party app. Make sure any you download comes from a trusted source and isn’t meant to steal your personal or login information.
- How do I remove videos from Facebook?To delete your videos, select the Edit (pencil) icon on the video in question, and then choose Delete Video. You can’t remove other people’s videos, but you can untag yourself so that things don’t show up on your feed.