When Facebook Is not Sending Security Codes, you’ll usually see a message like one of the following:
- Please check your email for the message with your code.
- Please check your phone for a message containing your code.
- An error has occurred. Please try again.
- Sorry, something went wrong.
- Could not send a confirmation SMS. Please check phone number and try again.
- You have requested too many SMS codes. You will have to wait another 24 hours to receive the second code.
Why won’t Facebook send me the code?
There are several underlying reasons why Facebook may prevent you from sending security codes or preventing you from receiving codes.If you see a message asking you to check your email or phone, but you never receive the code, it’s usually a configuration issue, a problem with your email, or a problem with your phone.
Facebook Is not Sending Security Codes
If you see a message saying that you have requested too many codes, it means you are out of the system and will need to wait 24 hours to request another code.In the meantime, you should make sure that your email and text messaging are working and that the codes are not sent to your spam folder.
If Facebook isn’t sending you your security code, try these fixes:
- Check your Facebook two-factor settings. If you’re able to log into Facebook on your phone, make sure you actually have two-factor authentication set up.
- Open the Facebook app, navigate to Menu > Settings > Security & login > Use two-factor authentication > Select text message or other method.
- Receive code by email. If you’re trying to receive the code via SMS and haven’t tried receiving it via email yet, see if Facebook will email you the code.
- Try logging into Facebook, and click Resend when you ask for the code. If you don’t receive the code, need some other way to authenticate? Click and enter the email that is associated with your Facebook account.
- Check your spam folder. If you requested a code via email and it was not received, open your email app and check the Spam folder. If you’ve ever accidentally marked an email from Facebook as spam, future emails may be sent directly to the Spam folder.
- If you requested a code via text message, check the contacts on your phone and make sure you haven’t blocked any numbers that may be Facebook.
- check your Internet connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, and that you can send and receive emails and texts. If you’re using a phone, turn on Wi-Fi and cellular data and make sure you have a strong enough signal. If you don’t, your phone will not receive emails or text messages until you enter an area that has better service.
- Restart your phone. There may be an issue with your phone that is causing the Facebook app to malfunction or prevent you from receiving text messages. Turn your phone off completely, power it on again, and then check your text messages and email before sending any other code requests. Restarting your device depends on your platform: iOS (restart your iPhone), or Android (restart your Android device).
- Clear Facebook app data cache. The Facebook apps data cache may be full or corrupted, in which case clearing it may fix the problem.
- In the Facebook app, open the main menu and navigate to Menu > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Profile Settings > Media & Contacts > Browser Settings > Clear.
- Contact Facebook Support. If you still can’t find your security code, contact Facebook Support for additional assistance. You can recover your Facebook account if you can’t log in with their help.
General question Facebook Is not Sending Security Codes
Why do I keep asking for my Facebook security code?
Facebook may ask for a security code when you log in with a new browser. If you often see the security code message, it may be that someone else is trying to access your account.
How can I prevent my Facebook account from being hacked?
To prevent your Facebook from being hacked, enable two-factor authentication. For added security, use Facebook’s Security Checkup feature.
How long do Facebook security codes last?
Facebook security codes are valid for 15 minutes. If it’s been longer than that, you’ll need to request a new code.