Sant Kabir Das Jayanti : Topics Covered: Indian Culture will cover major aspects of art forms, literature and architecture from ancient to modern times.
Sant Kabir Das Jayanti:
Kabirdas Jayanti, the birth anniversary of Sant Kabir Das is celebrated on Jyeshtha Purnima Tithi. This year it was on June 24.
Sant Kabir Das was a very famous saint, poet and social reformer of India who lived during the 15th century. His esteemed works and poems describe the greatness and unity of the Supreme Being.
- He was a supporter of Bhakti movement.
- He did not believe in any religious discrimination and accepted all religions easily.
- A religious community known as ‘Kabir Panth’ was founded by him and the members of this forum are called ‘Kabir Panthi’.
- Swami Ramanand Effect: The ideology of Kabir Das was greatly influenced by the Vaishnava saint Swami Ramananda who accepted Kabir as his disciple.
His famous literary works:
- Bijak, Sakhi Granth, Kabir Granthwali and Anurag Sagar.
- His verses are found in the Guru Granth Sahib, the scripture of Sikhism.
- The major part of his work was collected by the fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan Dev.
The hallmark of the work of Sant Kabirdas is his two-line couplets, which are known as ‘Kabir ke couplets’.
Do you know the meaning of ‘Mashuk’ and ‘Aashiq’ in Sufism? read here
- About Kabir Das
- his literary works.
- Bhakti Movement.
- Major reformer of Bhakti movement.
Discuss the importance of Bhakti movement.
World Population Day Essay