Likewise, it doesn’t matter whether you are a child or an adult. All ages Brothers and sisters of celebrate Raksha Bandhan. Apart from this, it also strengthens the bond between them. ‘Raksha’ means protection and ‘Bandhan’ means bond. Thus, it explains the meaning of this festival.
Raksha Bandhan is celebrated according to the Hindu calendar. It falls in the month of Sawan All ages Brothers and sisters and people celebrate it on the last day of the month. This auspicious festival usually falls around August.
Importance of raksha bandhan
As we all know that brothers and sisters hold a special place in our hearts. However, the special bond of brother and sister is very unique. There is no limit to the care for Brothers and sisters they have for each other. The love they share is beyond comparison.
No matter how much fight there is, they always stand behind them in support. Brothers and sisters quarrel with each other over small things. In other words, they share a bond that is full of teasing and love.
Brothers and sisters help us grow. The bond between them gets stronger at every stage of our life. Older brothers are very protective of their sisters. Similarly, elder sisters take great care of their younger brothers. The younger ones look at their elder siblings.
Raksha Bandhan is all about celebrating this bond. It symbolizes the unique and special relationship shared by the two. This day is considered perfect to have a good time and focus on this beautiful bond. It serves as a symbol of their love, togetherness and trust in each other.
Occasion of raksha bandhan
Raksha Bandhan is a time of pampering for sisters. On this auspicious occasion, sisters tie a sacred thread i.e. Rakhi on the wrist of their brother. This is done to wish for good health and long life.
On the other hand, brothers, in turn, bless their sisters and pledge to protect them and take care of them throughout their lives. On this day sisters get a lot of love and pampering. It is in the form of chocolates, gifts, money, clothes and much more.
Family members dress up for the occasion, usually in ethnic wear. We see that the markets are flooded with colorful rakhis and gifts. Every year, the trendy and trendiest rakhis roam the market. Women shop for exquisite Rakhi for their brothers and men go out to buy gifts for their sisters.
Lastly, Raksha Bandhan is one of the most enjoyable festivals. It gives brother and sister to strengthen their bond. Nowadays sisters who do not have brothers also celebrate Raksha Bandhan with their sisters. Still the essence of the festival remains the same.
Short essay on raksha bandhan in english 200 words for kids
Short essays on Raksha Bandhan are often assigned to students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
The festival of Raksha Bandhan is an Indian festival commonly celebrated among Hindu families. It symbolizes the strong bond that is shared by brothers and their sisters.
Apart from individual gatherings in homes, there are also public functions in the form of fairs and community gatherings. Sisters start preparing for the occasions a week before the actual festival. They gather in the markets and shop for fancy and beautiful rakhis. Many girls like to make Rakhi themselves.
Brothers also prepare for the festival, and they buy gifts for their sisters – sweets, chocolates and other gift items. This ritual strengthens the love and friendship shared between two people.
10 lines on raksha bandhan essay in english
- Raksha Bandhan is an age-old festival; Hindu Indian families It is mainly celebrated among brothers and sisters of Hindu Indian families.
- It was initially established by Rabindranath Tagore to establish a loving bond of brotherhood between Hindus and Muslims at the time of the partition of Bengal.
- The festival is not restricted between blood relations.
- It can be celebrated between any two people or brothers and sister who share a loving bond of friendship and brotherhood.
- Sister ties a thread called Rakhi on brother’s wrist; The brothers promised to protect and take care of them for the rest of their lives.
- It is a very joyous occasion, which is done with enthusiasm and enthusiasm.
- Siblings exchange gift items.
- Gorgeous food items are prepared on this day.
- The custom of wearing new traditional clothes is used on this day.
- The festival upholds the principles of love, support, friendship and community cooperation.