Why International Yoga Day is celebrated ? (Essay on International Yoga Day)
- 1 Why International Yoga Day is celebrated ? (Essay on International Yoga Day)
- 2 The theme of International Day of Yoga 2021
- 3 International Yoga Day Speech
- 4 long essay on international yoga day 500 words in english
- 5 Meaning of Yoga (Importance of Yoga)
- 6 Origin of yoga essay
- 7 Short essay on international yoga day 150 words in english
- 8 10 lines in english on international yoga day
- 9 Objectives of International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day Speech 2021 : International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on 21st June, 2016. The day was recognized internationally by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 11 December 2014. The idea of an International Yoga Day was proposed by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 27th September, 2014. Mr. Modi had proposed the date. June 21 and noted that it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and has special significance in many parts of the world. And on 21 June 2015 , the first International Yoga Day was celebrated. This huge event in India , Ministry of AYUSH arranged . 35,985 people including Narendra Modi and a large number of dignitaries from 84 countries gathered in New Delhi to celebrate the day by performing 21 different yoga asanas for 35 minutes. Many spiritual leaders took the initiative and expressed their support. The recognition of the United Nations made this movement more popular and benefited the whole world. The day dedicated to Yoga was celebrated by lakhs of people. The event set two Guinness World Records for the largest yoga class (consisting of 35,985 people) and the largest number of participating nationalities (84 countries). Yoga has existed like an orphan for thousands of years but for the first time it was accepted globally.
The theme of International Day of Yoga 2021
The theme of International Day of Yoga 2021, which will be observed on Monday next week, is ‘Yoga for well-being’ at a time when society is still recovering from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
International Yoga Day Speech
long and short essay in english on international yoga day for students and children
Given below is a long essay on International Day of Yoga of 400-500 words and is suitable for students of class 7, 8, 9 and 10 and about International Yoga Day of about 100-150 words for standard students is a small fraction. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Yoga Mat Buy Online
long essay on international yoga day 500 words in english
International Yoga Day is celebrated all over the world on 21st June every year starting from 2015 and it was started by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. International Yoga Day has been a huge success since its inception, and huge events are organized every year with a large number of gifts in the programmes. On the first Yoga Day, i.e. 21 June 2015, about 35,985 people, including the Prime Minister himself, gathered at Rajpath, New Delhi and practiced about 21 yoga postures for more than 35 minutes.
The 2nd International Day of Yoga was organized in Chandigarh, where the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi made people aware about the benefits of Yoga. Thousands of people, including the Prime Minister, practiced yoga postures. To encourage the masses, Shri Narendra Modi delivered a wonderful and inspiring introductory speech on how Yoga improves lives. In 2016, several major and minor events took place across the country where the Indian Navy, the Indian Coast Guard and the Indian Army gathered to practice yoga. And with this enthusiasm, International Yoga Day is celebrated all over the world.
On the third International Yoga Day, the Prime Minister along with about 51,000 people gathered at the Ramabai Ambedkar Stadium in Lucknow to celebrate International Yoga Day in a grand manner. By then many people had started incorporating yoga into their daily lives and were more excited to practice yoga daily, and they were also inspiring others who did not practice yoga. In the third International Yoga Day, the President of India himself celebrated Yoga Day with great enthusiasm.
Yoga Book Buy Online
The 4th International Day of Yoga was a huge success and was celebrated with grandeur in many parts of the country, with the grandest of them being held in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The Ghantaghar in Dehradun was the place to practice yoga for that day and there were thousands of people with Shri Narendra Modi.
Yoga is important in a person’s life to settle his life and help him keep his body fit and mind calm. Taking pills and health supplements does not have the same effect on the body as yoga, and this is why yoga practitioners encourage others to take yoga as part of their routine. International Day of Yoga has helped promote the idea and benefits of practicing yoga and encourages and continues to inspire thousands of people.
Yoga Bar Buy Online
Meaning of Yoga (Importance of Yoga)
According to the Oxford Dictionary, the word yoga refers to a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, which includes breath control, simple meditation and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation that dates back to ancient times. Was born in India. . Raja yoga is the yoga of meditation. This is one of the most famous yoga poses of all time. The ultimate goal of this activity is moksha (salvation). Salvation is freedom from the power and punishment of sin.
Origin of yoga essay
The origin of yoga is considered to be before the Vedic period described in the Rigveda. In the 1980s, yoga became trendy as a method of physical exercise throughout the Western world. Yoga in India is much more than physical exercise, it has a meditative and spiritual heart. The first Hindu teacher to actively advocate and spread aspects of yoga to a Western audience was Swami Vivekananda who toured Europe and the United States in the 1890s.
The reception that Swami Vivekananda received was built on the active interest of scholars, particularly the New England Transcendentalists, among them R. W. Emerson (1803–1882), who developed German Romanticism and the interest of logicians and intellectuals such as G.W.F. attracted to. Hegel (1770–1831), August Wilhelm Schlegel (1767–1845) and Karl Wilhelm Friedrich Schlegel (1772–1829), Max Müller (1823–1900), Arthur Schopenhauer (1788–1860) and others who were interested in Indian possessions.
Short essay on international yoga day 150 words in english
The United Nations on 21 December 2014 declared that every year 21 June would be observed as International Yoga Day. This initiative was first started by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Many parts of the world celebrate International Yoga Day with great enthusiasm, but India celebrates it in the most grand way.
Various yoga programs are organized all over the country where yoga enthusiasts participate and encourage others to have a healthy lifestyle by doing yoga. On the first International Day of Yoga, the Prime Minister of India practiced 21 postures for over 35 minutes under expert guidance and gathered thousands of people from across the country. International Yoga Day was a successful initiative which is actively motivating the youth to practice yoga in their daily life to become healthy.
10 lines in english on international yoga day
- The concept of International Yoga Day was proposed by the respected Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
- The initiative was established in 2014, and the United Nations announced in December 204 that June 21 would be observed as International Day of Yoga.
- The first International Day of Yoga was organized at Rajpath, New Delhi.
- Second International Yoga Day was celebrated in Chandigarh city.
- Third International Yoga Day was celebrated in Lucknow city.
- Yoga is an ancient practice used to keep one’s mind healthy and body fit.
- Yoga is a form of meditation and exercise that improves people’s lives.
- Yoga postures and postures not only benefit the physical body, but it also gives spiritual peace and tranquility to the individual.
- The different branches of yoga signify different unique forms related to the different characteristics of yoga.
- As the years are passing by, International Yoga Day is proving itself to be more successful.
Objectives of International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day has been adopted to fulfill the following objectives:
- To make people aware of the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
- Connecting people with nature by practicing yoga.
- To inculcate the habit of meditation through yoga.
- To draw the attention of people all over the world towards the holistic benefits of Yoga.
- Reducing the rate of health-threatening diseases around the world.
- To bring communities together to take a day off from busy schedules to health.
- To spread growth, development and peace all over the world.
- Helping people themselves in their bad situations by getting rid of stress through yoga.
- Strengthening global coordination among people through Yoga.
- To make people aware about physical and mental diseases and their solutions through the practice of Yoga.
- Protecting unhealthy practices and promoting and respecting good practices to improve health.
- To make people aware of their rights to good health and healthy lifestyle to fully enjoy the highest level of physical and mental health.
- To establish a link between the protection of health and sustainable health development.
- To conquer all health challenges through regular yoga practice.
- Promoting better dhatu and physical health of people through yoga practice.
Let us all come together and celebrate International Yoga Day on 21st June and give ourselves the gift of goodness.