10 lines on Gandhi Jayanti: With the spirit of patriotism and nationalism , Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated every year by Indians with the same enthusiasm as the national festival of India. This day is to remember his teachings and values, which he contributed to the society, and to understand the sacrifices made by him for the freedom of our country by arranging various struggle movements.
Various institutions like schools, colleges and government offices organize various programs to pay homage to our Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. At the Rajghat memorial, a citizen of India, irrespective of religion, caste, gender, even members of political parties pay homage to Gandhiji. Read on to know a few more lines on Mahatma Gandhi, 10 lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English for class 1 and class 3, 10 marks on Mahatma Gandhi in English for class 3.
You can read 10 lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology and more.
Set 1 – 10 lines about Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti for Children
Set 1 is useful for students of class 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- We celebrate Gandhi Jayanti every year on 2nd October.
- It is a non-violence day in India.
- We celebrate this day as a national festival in India.
- We pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at his memorial at Rajpath, Delhi.
- “Raghupati Raghav Rajaram”, a favorite hymn of Gandhi, makes us feel his divine power.
- Children play the role of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Street marches enlighten people about the values of living truthfully.
- No meat and liquor shops remain closed on that day.
- People clean their schools, offices, societies etc.
- We re-establish the spirit of patriotism and nationalism by celebrating Gandhi Jayanti.
Set 2 – 10 Rows on Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for class 6, 7 and 8 students.
- Every year, on 2 October, Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated as the national festival of India to mark the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi.
- We celebrate this day as the International Day of Nonviolence, which has been adopted by the United Nations.
- It is one of the officially declared holidays in India.
- People across the world pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s contribution and praise his teachings on that day.
- Residents of India, decorate the statues of Gandhi with flowers.
- Near Raj Ghat Memorial, political parties and people gather together to pay tribute to the father of the nation.
- Various schools and colleges organize various programs in the memory of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mahatma Gandhi gave the idea of non-violence and peace.
- He always opposed bad habits like drinking alcohol.
- On that day we remember his ideology and teachings, which he contributed to the society.
Learn how to write a paragraph on Gandhi Jayanti from here.
- Essay on Aatm Nirbhar Bharat in English 200, 250 , 400 , 500 Words | Paragraph of Aatm Nirbhar Abhiyan
- An Essay on Heavy Rain
- Half-Day Leave Application for Office
- 20 Most Expected Essay Topics for Essay Topics for SSC CGL Descriptive Paper Tier 3 |Descriptive Writing For SSC CGL Tier 3 Examination: Tips, Topics and Writing Skills
- Leave Application To Boss
Set 3 – 10 rows on Gandhi Jayanti for upper class students
Set 3 is helpful for students of class 9, 10, 11, 12 and competitive exams.
- Gandhi Jayanti is known throughout the country as the International Day for Nonviolence and Peace.
- Gandhiji was a true supporter of non-violence, truth and peace.
- On this day, we celebrate as one of the three national festivals of India, which is celebrated every year on 2 October.
- On that day, all schools, colleges and government offices remain closed as it is a national holiday.
- Some institutes organize various events like art and book exhibitions.
- Many educational institutions including schools and colleges organize events like quiz, essay and competitions.
- This is the best day to organize the National Award Ceremony.
- Gandhiji always encouraged us on the topic of cleanliness in our society and our homes.
- October 2 is also the birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri, the second Prime Minister of India.
- Gandhi Jayanti is a very patriotic day, so we should always uphold the legacy of this day.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On Gandhi Jayanti
question 1. What is the significance of Gandhi Jayanti?
answer: On Gandhi Jayanti, people honor and pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi for his role in India’s independence and his immense sacrifice against the British government. Another name that was given to Mahatma Gandhi is the Father of the Nation, India.
Question 2. Which two Indian celebrities have their birthdays on 2nd October?
answer: On 2 October, along with the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, we also celebrate the birthday of Lal Bahadur Shastri, who was once the Prime Minister of India. Both were famous persons as freedom fighters who fought for our country for freedom.
Question 3. Why is Gandhi Jayanti celebrated as International Day of Non-Violence?
answer: Gandhi was a supporter of truth , non-violence and peace. He always supported movements that never involved violence. He wanted to attain freedom peacefully. That is why 2nd October, which is Gandhi Jayanti, is also celebrated as International Day of Non-Violence.
Question 4. What are some of the major movements of India’s freedom struggle, which were led by Mahatma Gandhi?
answer: Some of the important freedom struggle movements under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi were Civil Disobedience Movement, Non-Cooperation Movement, Dandi March and many others. The motto of the campaigns told about achieving independence for India from the rule of the British Government without any violence.